Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The cliche 'Inked'

3 years back, when my sis came to India for her vacation, she had come prepared to get a tattoo or two. I was made to research tattoo artists in Bangalore and book appointments. The hubby and I accompanied her to the tattoo place and sat there for a few hours watching the artist draw a permanent design on my sister's body. I wanted to follow the trend and look cool with a tattoo, but I wasn't ready for it then. When my sister asked for confirmation before leaving the tattoo place, I nodded no, but mentally promised myself I'd be back someday when I was braver and surer.

That time finally came in the first week of this year. S and I planned it over a couple of weeks and finally confirmed our appointments before we lost our guts to go do this.

Although the tattoo artist was a lil bit of an airhead, we enjoyed the experience. The tattoo has been healing for the past month and has been accepted as a part of me :)

And here it is, that permanent mark which I'll proudly show off all my life!


No comments: