Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What happened in the past year and a half!

  1. Guru and I brought our love for each other out in the open and got engaged on the 12th of July 2008.
  2. July/August 2008 - I quit Wipro and joined QL. Greatest step up at work, that I imagined I would ever get. Moved to Pune and started living by myself.
  3. December 19th 2008 - Akku gave us the most beautiful gift of all! A niece... The prettiest baby in the universe!
  4. December 20th 2008 - I lost the bestestest friend in the entire universe, the only true best friend I've ever had!
  5. January 2009 - I went back to Aliso for a couple of months. Got promoted at work.
  6. March 2009 - Visited Akku Sandy and Sashu at San Jose.
  7. June 2009 - Guru finally returned from Belgium just in time for the wedding. He met his pretty little niece for the first time.
  8. June 18th 2009 - We had a beautiful wedding ceremony. I missed the world's greatest best friend being by my side, but vowed to make my hubby my love, my best friend and my confidant for the rest of my life!
  9. June 2009 - Guru and I made a trip to Mauritius for our honeymoon. We decided to grade all our future holidays against the honeymoon one. Seems like the Mauritius holiday would be hard to beat!
  10. July 2009 - We moved to Chennai and set up a home here. I, who hated Chennai hard enough to not move here even if I was offered a million dollars, got dragged in here by the strings of love. And I don't find it all that bad anymore!
  11. August 2009 - I started enjoying "Working from home". I sincerely believe my productivity increased. No clue if upper management thinks so...
  12. September 2009 - The Balakrishnan family became complete, finally!

It's funny how marriage affects your communication skills. It changes the beginning of most of your sentences from "I" to "We"...

No comments: